ON THE PRE-DAY TREATMENT
- You should perform a full body bath, including washing your hair. Particularly carefully wash the area of the navel, armpits, groin, perineum and feet and (if possible) the surgical site with an antibacterial preparation, dry the body with a clean towel, then put on clean underwear.
- Antibacterial preparations for washing the body and hair, eg Octenisan emulsion, are available in the pharmacy.
ON THE DAY OF THE TREATMENT
- Repeat the steps as on the day before the treatment. Additionally, it is recommended to shave on the day of the procedure (not a few days before !!!)
FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDATIONS SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCES THE RISK OF INFECTION OF THE OPERATED SITE.
Before the procedure, all available medical records and current results of the following tests should be presented:
- double blood group or Blood Group Identification Card*
- coagulogram (INR, APTT)
- ionogram (K, Na)
- EKG (EKG please perform the ECG at least one day before the examination)
We kindly inform you that laboratory tests can be performed Monday through Wednesday from 7:00-13:20, Thursday to Friday 7:00-12:00 and on Saturdays from 7:30-12:30 in MediSpace. The waiting time for the result in our laboratory is approximately 1 business day. Up to 3 months the above tests are considered current.
The basic condition for the planned surgery is to remain fasting, i.e. not to take food and dense liquids, coffee and tea for at least 6 hours. It is allowed to drink water in order not to feel thirsty up to 2 hours before the procedure.
The last liquid (still water) can be taken 2 hours before the treatment in the amount not greater than a glass (250 ml). Performing the procedure under anaesthesia in a person with a full stomach may expose him/her to life-threatening complications associated with absorption and aspiration of gastric contents into the lungs.
In addition, you should refrain from smoking and chewing gum for 6 hours before the examination
Medication taken chronically should be taken with a glass of water (250 ml) no later than 2 hours before the procedure. As previously agreed with your doctor, you should stop taking any medications affecting the clotting system (such as acetylsalicylic acid, clopidogrel, warfarin, acenocumarol, dabigatran, rivaroxaban, etc.) beforehand. No medications or iron-containing nutrients may be taken 7 days prior to the study. Diabetic patients should stop taking oral hypoglycemic drugs or insulin while on fasting (during the period without food, dense liquids, coffee and tea). If it’s decided for you to have anaesthesia for the procedure, you will be asked to come 30-60 minutes in advance to fill in an anaesthetic questionnaire about your health (available for download in the tab – downloadable materials). A correctly completed questionnaire will allow the anaesthesiologist to assess the risks associated with anaesthesia and to adjust anaesthesia to the current state of health. Anaesthesia is designed to provide comfort and will be adjusted to the type of procedure and individual needs of the patient and the doctor performing the procedure. If you experience symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection (running nose, cough) or an increased body temperature before the procedure, you should report this fact by phone to the clinic. This is a contraindication to anesthesia.
For safety reasons, you must not drive a motor vehicle until 24 hours after anaesthesia and you must leave the clinic with an accompanying person. If you do not have an accompanying person, you will be asked to stay at the clinic for a longer time.
IMPORTANT: If the patient has been referred for the procedure and is 55+ years old, has a BMI above 35 (kg/m²) or suffers from a serious comorbidities, he or she should consult with one of our specialists about the the possibility of surgery and anesthesia.
For inpatient anesthesiology consultation, please prepare:
- medical records of the patient’s chronic diseases and medications taken medications,
- basic laboratory test results from the last 2 months (morphology, sodium, potassium, creatinine, APTT, PT, INR);
- blood group result;
- ECG result from the last 2 months;
- in the case of concomitant thyroid diseases – the results of TSH, FT3, FT4 from the last 2 months
- In the case of cardiac conditions such as ischemic heart disease, heart defects heart defects, cardiac arrhythmias – the result of ECHO-heart for the last 6 months and a a certificate from the attending physician stating that the disease is in a state of stable and does not require modification of treatment;
- in the case of neurological diseases – a certificate from the attending physician with information that the disease is in a stable state and does not require modification of treatment;
- in the case of taking anticoagulants (so-called “blood thinners”)
- a certificate from the attending physician with recommendations for the patient regarding possible discontinuation of these drugs or change of drugs to heparins low molecular weight
For teleconsultation, please send scans of documents according to the above guidelines before the date of the anesthesiology consultation and provide the originals on the day of anesthesia!
Please be advised that even a positive qualification by the anesthesiologist during the consultation anesthesiologist does not constitute a 100% guarantee of anesthesia on the day of the examination/procedure. The final decision to perform anesthesia is made by the anesthesiologist present on the day of the examination/procedure based on the patient’s current condition and compliance with the recommendations indicated during the consultation and general recommendations regarding, in particular food consumption and post-anesthesia care.
IF THE TEST RESULTS WE REQUIRE FOR THE PROCEDURE WILL BE OUTSIDE THE REFERENCE RANGE, PLEASE SEND THEM TO THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESS:
NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK BEFORE THE SCHEDULED SURGERY, THEN WE WILL FORWARD THEM TO THE DOCTOR FOR REVIEW. IF LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE THE PROCEDURE IT TURNS OUT THAT THE RESULTS ARE OUT OF THE REFERENCE RANGE, THE PREPAYMENT WILL NOT BE REFUNDED!
ATTENTION: We kindly inform you that in order to reserve a date for a procedure with or without general anesthesia, you must make an advance payment within 7 days of making the reservation and sending the confirmation to the e-mail address.
The fee is not refundable unless the Patient cancels the treatment 48 hours before. Account number below to which the payment should be made. In the title, please enter the Patient’s name.
mBank: 59 1140 2062 0000 5673 5500 1001
1Legal basis: Ordinance of the Minister of Health of 16.10.2017 on treatment with blood and its components in medical entities performing medical activities such as stationary and round-the-clock health services