The ABPM (Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring) can be used to determine your blood pressure throughout the day. The patient shall wear a manchette and a small recording device to record pressure measurements automatically at a frequency of 15 minutes. This test is used to detect hypertension and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment. Only every fourth patient has properly treated hypertension.
- On the day of the examination, you should take all the medicines taken permanently.
- There should be no restrictions on physical activity on the day of the examination.
- The recorders are not watertight and cannot be wetted.
- There are no contraindications to perform the examination.
- There is no need for a referral to the test.